Are you a current or aspiring notary public in Oregon seeking more flexibility and freedom (or even a boost in income) in your work life? Today, we’re covering how to become a remote online notary. We cover the steps required to become certified and how to select a reliable RON platform so you can start working remotely as quickly as possible.
What is an online notary?
An online notary is certified and equipped to notarize documents over a secure online platform rather than conducting in-person meetings with signees. Remote online notarization (RON) uses audiovisual technology, like video calls, to complete the notarization process remotely. Notaries can verify the signee’s identity and witness a document’s signing online.
This modern approach offers convenience and accessibility, especially when in-person meetings are challenging. Remote online notaries provide more flexibility and efficiency in our fast-paced world.
How to Become a Notary in Oregon
To qualify to become a notary public in Oregon, you must be at least 18, a state resident (or an in-state employee), able to read/write English, and have no felony convictions within the last ten years. If you’re eligible, follow these steps to begin your commission!
- Complete a training course online.
- Pass an exam.
- Complete an application, which includes submitting a background check.
- If approved, you’ll receive an Oath of Office. Print and sign it in the presence of a notary. Send it to the Secretary of State with a $40 filing fee.
- Receive a Certificate of Authorization and Commission Certificate from the SoS.
- Purchase your notary seal and journal.
How to Become an Online Notary in Oregon
Once you’ve become a traditional notary public, you can apply to become an online notary! Follow these steps.
1. Complete Oregon notary training.
You must take another training course specifically for performing remote online notarizations. You must also pass the exam.
2. Contract with a state-approved RON technology provider.
Notary Hub is an excellent option. We cover everything you need to know about this platform in our previous article: “Become an Online Notary with Notary Hub.” ZipBonds is a trusted agent partner of Notary Hub, and we invite you to join the program using our discount of 20% off your subscription.
3. Complete and submit a form.
4. Start performing RONs.
If your application is approved, you can start working as an online notary.
Why Notary Hub?
Notary Hub is a leading RON platform that offers several advantages for online notaries, including:
- A user-friendly platform that’s easy to use for both notaries and signers
- A wide range of features, such as real-time document sharing, live video conferencing, and electronic seals
- Competitive pricing
- A strong focus on security and compliance
Notary Hub Packages
This platform offers two packages: one for individuals and one for companies. Which one is right for you? Here’s how to decide:
- Individual (Self) RON Plans: You work independently, purchase your own subscription, and get paid directly by Notary Hub. In short, you call the shots of when and where you work. Notary Hub handles security, payment, and storage for you.
- Corporate RON Plans: Your company pays for your notary subscription and charges clients directly. You can add as many notaries from your company as you’d like to access the platform.
Both options offer the following features:
- Securely stored digital signatures and digital notary stamps
- 24×7 access to the platform
- Marketing to promote yourself for mobile or RON notarial opportunities
- Startup costs as low as $120
Become a Remote Online Notary in Oregon
With Notary Hub, you can provide your clients a modern notarization experience, including secure online sessions and digital document storage. Sign up today for a 20% discount using the link below!