Are you a current or aspiring notary public in Arizona seeking more flexibility and freedom (or even a boost in income) in your work life? Today, we’re covering how to become a remote online notary in your state. We cover the steps required to become certified and how to select a reliable RON platform so you can start working remotely as quickly as possible.
What is an online notary?
An online notary is certified and equipped to notarize documents over a secure online platform rather than conducting in-person meetings with signees. Remote online notarization (RON) uses audiovisual technology, like video calls, to complete the notarization process remotely. Notaries can verify the signee’s identity and witness a document’s signing online.
This modern approach offers convenience and accessibility, especially when in-person meetings are challenging. Remote online notaries provide more flexibility and efficiency in our fast-paced world.
How to Become a Notary in Arizona
If you’re not already a notary public in Arizona, you’ll need to become one before you can start working remotely. Here’s the notary commission process:
- Ensure you qualify to become a notary and comply with all state requirements. You must be at least 18; be an Arizona resident; be a citizen/legal permanent resident of the U.S.; be able to write and read English; and not be convicted of a felony.
- Purchase a notary seal and other supplies.
- Obtain a $5,000 notary bond (for $100).
- Complete an online application at the Secretary of State website.
- Pay a $43 filing fee.
- Wait for your commission certificate. Once it arrives, email a copy of your certificate with your NNA Customer ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for your stamp to ship to you.
How to Become an Online Notary in Arizona
Follow these steps to become an online notary in Arizona. Remember, a prerequisite is holding a current commission as a notary public.
1. Read AZ Remote Online Notary Rules.
Read through this packet before applying to become an online notary. You’ll find the rules regarding choosing a technology platform (Step 2) and other essential information.
2. Find a state-approved RON technology platform.
Notary Hub is an excellent option. We cover everything you need to know about this platform in our previous article: “Become an Online Notary with Notary Hub.” ZipBonds is a trusted agent partner of Notary Hub, and we invite you to join the program using our discount of 20% off your subscription!
3. Send an Electronic/Remote Notary Request.
Fill out a brief online request (the Electronic Commission Application) on the Secretary of State website.
4. Fill out your application.
Once you receive the requested application, complete and return it to the Secretary of State. Once you receive your commission certificate, you can begin performing remote online notarizations.
Why Notary Hub?
Notary Hub is a leading RON platform that offers several advantages for online notaries, including:
- A user-friendly platform that’s easy to use for both notaries and signers
- A wide range of features, such as real-time document sharing, live video conferencing, and electronic seals
- Competitive pricing
- A strong focus on security and compliance
Notary Hub Packages
Notary Hub offers two packages: one for individuals and one for companies. Which one is right for you? Here’s how to decide:
- Individual (Self) RON Plans: You work independently, purchase your own subscription, and get paid directly by Notary Hub. In short, you call the shots when and where you work. Notary Hub handles security, payment, and storage for you.
- Corporate RON Plans: Your company pays for your notary subscription and charges clients directly. You can add as many notaries from your company as you’d like to access the platform.
Both options offer the following features:
- Securely stored digital signatures and digital notary stamps
- 24×7 access to the platform
- Marketing to promote yourself for mobile or RON notarial opportunities
- Startup costs as low as $120
Become an Online Notary in AZ Today
With Notary Hub, you can provide your clients a modern notarization experience, including secure online sessions and digital document storage. Sign up today to get started tomorrow!