In today’s digital age, even the age-old practice of notarization has gotten a high-tech makeover. Remote online notarization (RON) is revolutionizing the way we notarize documents, offering convenience and accessibility like never before.
If you’re considering becoming an online notary, you’re in the right place. In this guide, we’ll introduce you to Notary Hub – an excellent platform to help you launch your remote notary career.
What is remote online notarization?
RON, or remote online notarization, is a process of notarizing documents electronically and remotely. Notaries can perform their duties entirely online, meeting with clients on screen rather than in person. By leveraging technology – electronic forms, stamps, and signatures – RON makes notarization faster and more accessible than traditional notarization.
The signer and notary public meet online using audio-visual technology, such as a webcam. The notary public can verify the signer’s identity and witness document signings in real-time.
What is Notary Hub?
Notary Hub is a fast, secure, and modern platform that allows notaries to connect with clients anywhere at any time virtually. The entire signing process occurs online, saving everyone involved time, money, and resources.
Here are the platform’s top benefits:
- 100% cloud-based
- Top-notch security (identity verification technology, digital fingerprints, digital authenticated signatures, etc.)
- Document preparation tools
- Simplified signing process
- Amplified reach
- Gives you a flexible schedule
How to Become a Remote Online Notary with Notary Hub
Are you interested in trying Notary Hub for yourself? Remember, you must follow the instructions for becoming an online notary in your state before you can start performing RONs. See our previous article, “How to Become an Online Notary,” to learn how. Most states require you to contract with a state-approved RON technology provider as part of the process. That’s where Notary Hub comes in.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to signing up for the platform. And no sweat if you aren’t ready to sign up yet. You can request a demo of Notary Hub first.
Visit Notary Hub’s website to start the registration process. You’ll select your state and the best plan for your business. You can choose between “Self RON” or “Corp RON” plans based on whether you’re performing notarizations on your own or for a company.
- Individual (Self) RON Plans: You work independently, purchase your own subscription, and get paid directly by Notary Hub. In short, you call the shots of when and where you work. Notary Hub handles security, payment, and storage for you.
- Corporate RON Plans: Your company pays for your notary subscription and charges clients directly. You can add as many notaries from your company as you’d like to access the platform.
Once you select the type of plan you want, you will create an account, choose a subscription term, and submit payment.
2. Get RON Endorsement for Your State
Each state has its own requirements for online notaries (as we mentioned above). Before using Notary Hub, you must meet your state’s criteria. Select your state from the dropdown list below to learn your requirements.
Insert dropdown menu with states – will link to individual state pages
Subscribe to a Notary Hub plan. Notary Hub offers a variety of plans to meet the needs of different online notaries. You can choose a plan based on the number of notarizations you expect to perform, the features you need, and your budget.
4. Add Your Digital Certificate
A digital document signing certificate is your unique electronic signature to notarize documents remotely. It contains your identity and credentials and verifies you as a legitimate notary public. This certificate is required by states that allow RONs.
You can complete the onboarding process once you’ve subscribed to a Notary Hub plan and obtained a digital document signing certificate. Onboarding may include providing Notary Hub with your notary public commission information.
You can also familiarize yourself with the platform, including its features and tools for conducting secure online notarizations. These include:
- A distinct storefront URL to share with clients
- 24×7 access to Notary Hub
- Secure digital signatureSecure digital stamp
- Scheduling features
- Digital notary journal
- Multi-party signings
- Device adaptability
- Live video and audio
- Live document editing
- Customizable notifications of new signing requests
- Customizable notary blocks
Bonus Tips for Getting Started with Notary Hub
Here are a few extra tips to help you become a successful online notary with Notary Hub:
- Take advantage of training and support resources. The platform offers various resources to help new and experienced online notaries succeed, including online training courses, webinars, and one-on-one support from Notary Hub staff.
- Market your online notary services to potential clients. You can market your online notary services by creating a website, networking with other professionals, and advertising in local publications. Notary Hub can help you!
- Provide excellent customer service to your clients. Shoot for being responsive to their needs, flexible with scheduling, and patient and helpful.
- Test your equipment before performing your first RON. Make sure your computer has a working webcam and microphone and that you have a stable internet connection. You may want to test your equipment with a friend or family member.
Subscribe to Notary Hub Today
Notary Hub is an excellent platform to kickstart your online notary career. With their support and your dedication, you can provide clients with a modern and efficient notarization experience.
We offer a 20% discount due to our partnership with Notary Hub. Claim your discounted subscription today by following the link below!