Are you a current or aspiring notary public in Nevada seeking more flexibility and freedom (or even a boost in income) in your work life? Today, we’re covering how to become a “RON” in your state. We cover the steps required to become certified and how to select a reliable RON platform so you can start working remotely as quickly as possible.
What is a remote online notary?
An online notary is certified and equipped to notarize documents over a secure online platform rather than conducting in-person meetings with signees. Remote online notarization (RON) uses audiovisual technology, like video calls, to complete the notarization process remotely. Notaries can verify the signee’s identity and witness a document’s signing online.
This modern approach offers convenience and accessibility, especially when in-person meetings are challenging. Remote online notaries provide more flexibility and efficiency in our fast-paced world.
How to Become a Notary in Nevada
If you’re not already a notary public in Nevada, you’ll need to become one before you can start working remotely. Here’s the online application process:
- Meet the basic eligibility requirements: Be at least 18 years old, be a Nevada resident, don’t be a felon, possess your civil rights (no convicted felons), and don’t hold a public office in the federal government when you apply.
- Purchase a surety bond: The bond must be for $10,000, filed with the county clerk. You’ll receive a Filing Notice to include with your application packet.
- Complete a training course: The Secretary of State offers training. You must pass the exam.
- Apply: You can fill out the application online, sign it, and submit it with a $45 fee.
- Receive your Certificate of Appointment: The SoS will issue this once your application is approved.
- Buy a notary stamp and journal.
How to Become a Remote Online Notary in Nevada
Once you’ve become an appointed Nevada notary public, you can apply to become a mobile notary! Follow these basic steps to complete Electronic Notary Registration.
1. Select a state-approved RON provider.
Notary Hub is an excellent option. We cover everything you need to know about this platform in our previous article: “Become an Online Notary with Notary Hub.” ZipBonds is a trusted agent partner of Notary Hub, and we invite you to join the program using our discount of 20% off your subscription.
Request an Exemplar from your RON provider. It must include your electronic seal and signature.
2. Complete training and exam.
You must complete the training and pass the exam to become a remote online notary. The course registration fee is $45.
3. Submit your electronic notary registration.
Upload your Exemplar (PDF) to the SilverFlume website and submit your electronic notary registration. Pay a $50 application fee.
Why Notary Hub?
Notary Hub is a leading RON platform that offers several advantages for online notaries, including:
- A user-friendly platform that’s easy to use for both notaries and signers
- A wide range of features, such as real-time document sharing, live video conferencing, and electronic seals
- A strong focus on security and compliance
- Competitive pricing
Notary Hub Packages
This platform offers two packages: one for individuals and one for companies. Which one is right for you? Here’s how to decide:
- Individual (Self) RON Plans: You work independently, purchase your own subscription, and get paid directly by Notary Hub. In short, you call the shots when and where you work. Notary Hub handles security, payment, and storage for you.
- Corporate RON Plans: Your company pays for your notary subscription and charges clients directly. You can add as many notaries from your company as you’d like to access the platform.
Both options offer the following features:
- Securely stored digital signatures and digital notary stamps
- 24×7 access to the platform
- Marketing to promote yourself for mobile or RON notarial opportunities
- Startup costs as low as $120
Sign Up for Notary Hub Today
With Notary Hub, you can provide your clients a modern notarization experience, including secure online sessions and digital document storage. Sign up today to get started tomorrow.