Walton County Contractor License Bond
Who needs a contractor license bond in Walton County, Florida?
Most contractors and subcontractors performing residential or commercial activities in Walton County, Florida, must secure a contractor license bond. Walton County oversees the municipalities of Miramar Beach, DeFuniak Springs, and Freeport. According to county ordinances, construction professionals include:
- General Contractors
- Building Contractors
- Residential Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Sheet Metal Contractors
- Roofing Contractors
- Air-Conditioning Contractors
- Mechanical Contractors
- Commercial and Residential Swimming Pool/Spa Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Underground Utility and Excavation Contractors
- Solar Contractors
- Pollutant Storage Systems Contractors
- Specialty Contractors
- Aluminum Structural and Specialty Contractors
- Carpenter Contractors
- Concrete Contractors
- Masonry Contractors
- Electrical and Nonelectrical Sign Contractors
- Structural Steel Contractors
- Irrigation Sprinkler Contractors
- Solar Energy Installation Contractors
- Drywall Contractors
- Insulation Contractors
- Finish Carpentry Contractors
- Glass and Glazing Contractors
- Hurricane Protection Installation Contractors
- Garage Door Installer Contractors
- Marine Contractor Contractors
- Mobile Home Installer Contractors
- LP Gas Installer Contractors
- Alarm System Contractors
A contractor’s work must fulfill city, county, and state licensing and bonding requirements. Depending on their specific trade, project, and credit score, a contractor may need a Florida license bond and other types of bonds.
Get Your Walton County Contractor License Bond:
How does a contractor license bond work?
By securing a surety bond, contractors agree to complete work that abides by municipal building codes and local laws. The Walton County Building Division asks applicants to provide the following documents in license requests:
- A license fee of $25
- A copy of an active registered or certified license from Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- A certificate of liability insurance with Walton County Building Department as certificate holder
- A certificate of workers’ compensation with Walton County Building Department as the holder or Workers Comp Exemption Card from the State of Florida
- A surety bond (amount varies)
Contractors must include the signed bond form in the application packet.
Renewing Your License and Bond
Walton County licenses expire on August 31 every year. Remember to renew your bond before submitting your license renewal annually. The Walton County license renewal window is August 1-31.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Walton County, FL
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.