Who needs a contractor bond in Rossford, Ohio?
All contractors and subcontractors in Rossford must register with the city. The registration fee and license bond/liability insurance requirements for different contractor types are listed below:
- Commercial general contractors: $500 registration fee, liability insurance
- Residential general contractors: $100 registration fee, liability insurance
- Electrical contractors: $50 registration fee, $5,000 license bond
- Plumbing contractors: $50 registration fee, $5,000 license bond
- HVAC contractors: $50 registration fee, $5,000 license bond
- Paving contractors: $50 registration fee, $5,000 license bond
- Sewer contractors: $50 registration fee, $10,000 license bond
Additionally, all contractors and subcontractors must provide the following:
- A completed registration application
- State of Ohio specialty contractor license (if applicable)
- A copy of liability insurance that is deemed satisfactory by the city
- A copy of your state workman’s compensation certificate
Need help? Just pick up the phone and call us at (888) 435-4191! You can also check out our page on contractor license bonds in Ohio for state-specific information.
Get Your Rossford Contractor Bond:
How do contractor license bonds work?
The City of Rossford (obligee) sets the contractor license bond terms. The bond is a safeguard for clients, ensuring the contractor (principal) adheres to all applicable city and state laws while performing work in the area.
If the contractor breaks any part of the bond agreement, the surety company will initially cover any damages to other parties. These parties may include the city, state, or individual clients. The contractor is ultimately responsible for paying the surety back for any covered claims up to the full bond amount ($5,000 or $10,000) – plus fees and interest.
To obtain your surety bond, you will pay a premium – a small percentage of the bond value. ZipBonds can issue contractor license bonds quickly at a typical premium rate of $100.
Frequently Asked Questions
Typically, a bond will remain active for one calendar year before requiring renewal. Your bond renewal deadline will be listed on your bond form.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Rossford, OH
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.