Contractor License Bonds | City of Waltham, MA
Who needs a contractor license bond in Waltham, Massachusetts?
To be placed on the “Approved Contractors List” in Waltham, you must file a $5,000 street permit bond. This list allows you to be seen by Waltham residents looking for contractor help. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Submit a letter to the Director of Consolidated Public Works requesting to be put on the Approved Contractors List.
- Provide a statement of qualifications for installing water, sewer, and drain services.
- Acquire a street opening permit from the Consolidated Public Works Department for every installation.
- Present a valid DigSafe number for a street opening permit.
- Show proof of $50,000 property damage and $300,000 public liability insurance.
- Coordinate inspections on the installation of water or sewer pipelines or on-site stormwater drainage with a Public Works Department inspector.
- The quality of your workmanship and materials must comply with the Engineering Department’s specifications.
- Submit plans of all installations to the Engineering Department.
- Willingly accept full responsibility for trench repair and re-paving due to settlement or deterioration for a year after the permit date.
Need help with the bonding process? Give ZipBonds a call at (888) 435-4191 and we’ll be happy to assist you. You can also check out our page on contractor license bonds in Massachusetts for statewide information.
Get Your Waltham Contractor License Bond:
How does a contractor license bond work?
A contractor license bond protects clients from damages due to insufficient work. The bond guarantees that contractors meet applicable regulations and codes of the obligee (the City of Waltham). If the contractor fails to follow the bond agreement, clients can file a claim and receive compensation.
To obtain your contractor license bond in Waltham, you’ll pay a premium, a small percentage of the bond amount. ZipBonds can often issue bonds quickly at a typical annual rate of $100.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can generally avoid claims by working professionally and communicating effectively with your clients. If someone complains to you about an aspect of your work, try to handle it quickly and to the client’s satisfaction.
Yes! We don’t even need to check your credit for this bond.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Waltham, MA
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.