Who needs a contractor license bond in Lunenburg?
Contractors of several trades performing work in Lunenburg, Massachusetts, may need contractor license bonds. Whether focused on new construction or remodeling, residential or commercial projects, the following contractors likely need to become licensed and bonded in the city:
- Residential building contractors
- Commercial building contractors
- Plumbing contractors
- Gas fitting contractors
- Driveway contractors
- Electrical contractors
- Mechanical/sheet metal contractors
- Sign contractors
Some contractors may also need Massachusetts contractor license bonds or various construction bonds to operate their businesses legally. To understand the bonding requirements for your operations, contact the local governing authority or a trusted surety provider like ZipBonds.
Get Your Lunenburg Contractor License Bond:
How does a contractor license bond work?
The City of Lunenburg Building Department allows contractors to secure a bond or use their general liability insurance on their license application. There are important differences between these two options:
Contractor License Bonds
- Secured through a surety
- An annual cost
- Low annual premium rate
- A form of financial credit
- A contract that holds the policyholder accountable for their actions
- A safety net for the obligee (the entity that requires the bond)
- Losses are not expected
- Claims are rare, processed through a surety company
- Contractors must pay back the surety for any claims filed
General Liability Insurance
- Supplied by an insurance company
- An ongoing, typically higher cost
- Premium depends on the contractor’s financial and claims history
- Protection for the policyholder
- Offers financial peace of mind
- Typically, losses are expected
- Claims are more common
- Insurance company covers claims filed but may increase the contractor’s premium rate or drop them as a client
The bond requirement in Lunenburg varies based on a contractor’s trade. Contractor license bonds assist contractors in providing a guarantee to their clients and the public that their work will meet all local building codes and industry standards.
ZipBonds provides Lunenburg contractor license bonds for a typical rate of $100. If you have any questions or want an agent to walk you through the bonding process, call (888) 435-4191.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Lunenburg, MA
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.