Who needs a contractor license bond in Denver County?
Like the City of Denver, Denver County requires contractors to obtain a bond as part of the licensing process for those intending to perform work in a public right of way. The Community Planning and Development department handles contractor licensing in the county.
Major Contractor License Bonds
- $50,000 general contractor bond: For those performing work relating to sewer layer, sewer contractor, structural contractor, sidewalk contractor, excavator contractor, paving contractor, and special contractor in a right of way or other public property within Denver County
- $50,000 paving contractor bond: For those performing work related to street or alley paving (including laying concrete curb and gutters, driveways, and sidewalks and installing drainage structures) and other work incidental to said alley or street in a right of way or other public property
- $50,000 sewer contractor bond: For contractors working on the opening, uncovering, or laying of public or private sanitary or storm sewers in a right of way or other public property in Denver County
- $25,000 structural contractor bond: For those who perform work relating to constructing bridges, public buildings, viaducts, and all other public and private structures in a right of way or other public property
- $10,000 cement sidewalk contractor license bond: For contractors laying sidewalks and driveways, laying curb or gutters, making curbs cuts, installing minor drainage structures within or connected to public ways and places, in a right of way, or on other public property in Denver County
- $10,000 special contractor license bond: For those performing work related to installing or constructing traffic control devices, lighting, fencing, water lines, sprinkling systems, or other devices or objects not specifically covered by the licensing provisions of the Revised Municipal Code, built or installed within a right of way or other public property
- $5,000 water service contractor bond: Contractors working on the installation or maintenance of water service equipment in the county
Other contractor types may also require surety bonds. Contact the Department of Planning and Development for more information.
If you’re not sure if any of these bonds apply to you, give us a call at (888) 435-4191. One of our agents will be happy to help!
Get Your Denver County Contractor License Bond:
How does a Denver County contractor license bond work?
Denver County contractor license bonds ensure that contractors comply with all pertinent county codes. If a contractor breaks one or multiple points of the bond agreement, the bond protects parties that suffer harm or experience devastating financial effects due to non-compliant work.
Contractor licenses in Denver County are issued annually and must be renewed each year. Note the date of issuance to prevent gaps in coverage on multi-year projects. Your premium rate may be as little as 1% of the bond requirement. Many contractor license bonds cost only $100 and may be issued instantly.
Check out our page on contractor license bonds in Colorado for more information.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Denver County, Colorado
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.