City of Denver Contractor License Bond
Who needs a contractor license bond in Denver?
The City of Denver requires many contractors to obtain a bond as part of the licensing process. The Community Planning and Development department handles contractor licensing in Denver. Major contractor license bonds are as follows, including the bond amount for each:
- Denver water service contractor bond: $5,000
- Denver sidewalk contractor license bond: $10,000
- Denver special contractor license bond: $10,000
- Denver structural contractor bond: $25,000
- Denver general contractor bond: $50,000
- Denver paving contractor bond: $50,000
- Denver sewer contractor bond: $50,000
Other contractors may also need license bonds. Contact the Department of Planning and Development directly for complete requirements relating to your contractor type.
You can also contact ZipBonds with any bond-related questions or to apply for your bond today! Just call (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent.
Get Your Denver Contractor License Bond:
How does a Denver contractor license bond work?
Contractor licenses in Denver are issued for a one-year term (often for $100) and must be renewed annually. You should know the date of issuance to prevent any gaps in coverage on multi-year projects.
Denver, Colorado, contractor license bonds ensure that contractors follow all rules and regulations regarding building codes and taxes and act professionally. If a contractor breaks the bond agreement, the bond protects parties that suffer harm or experience adverse financial effects due to non-compliant work.
Denver contractor license bonds are contracts between three entities:
- The contractor or contracted company (the principal)
- The City of Denver requiring the bond for the work taking place within city limits (the obligee)
- The organization taking on the initial responsibility for incidents that may occur (the surety). Contractors must eventually pay back the full amount for valid claims on their bond.
Contractor license bonds usually cost $100. The underwriting process is simple and fast. Apply online to get bonded instantly.
Apply for Your Contractor License Bond in Denver, Colorado
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.