Who needs a contractor bond in Cullman County?
Many residential and commercial construction contractors and subcontractors must obtain a Cullman County contractor license bond to work in the area.
Applicable cities within Cullman County include the City of Cullman, Hanceville, Holly Pond, Vinemont, Good Hope, West Point, Fairview, Dodge City, Baileyton, South Vinemont, Garden City, Colony, Berlin, and East Point.
In addition to municipal laws, contractors must also adhere to Alabama’s state business and industry regulations.
Get Your Cullman County Contractor License Bond:
How does a Cullman County contractor license bond work?
In Cullman County, most contractor license bond requirements are $2,500. Additionally, building permits often require a performance bond. Contractors must obtain their bonds before working in the area or starting a new project.
A contractor license bond is an agreement between a contractor (the principal), a government entity (the obligee), and an insurer (the surety company). By securing a bond, you ensure your work will meet all quality and safety standards. Bonds required by law must be secured to conduct business legally.
Contractors listed in Cullman County city ordinances for licensing and bonding requirements include:
- Awning Installation Contractors
- Carpentry and Cabinets Contractors
- Concrete Foundation and Structure Contractors
- Demolition and Wrecking Contractors
- Drilling and Irrigation Contractors
- Drywall and Insulation Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Elevator and Other Building Equipment Contractors
- Excavation and Site Development Contractors
- Fire Sprinkler Installation Contractors
- Floors and Sanding Contractors
- Framing and Carpentry Contractors
- Gas Fitter Contractors
- General Contractors
- Glass and Glazing Contractors
- Handyman and Remodeling Contractors
- Heavy Construction (Bridges, Streets, Water, and Sewer) Contractors
- Home Builder Spec Houses Contractors
- Home Builder Subdivisions Contractors
- Air Conditioning and Heating Contractors
- Maintenance Contractors
- Masonry, Stone, and Brick Contractors
- Mechanical Contractors
- Painting and Wall Coverings Contractors
- Paving, Asphalt, and Sealing Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Power and Communication Line Contractors
- Refrigeration Contractors
- Roofing Contractors
- Siding and Sheet Metal Contractors
- Structural Steel Erection Contractors
- Tile, Marble, Terrazzo, and Mosaic Contractors
- Wood Working Contractors
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Cullman County
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.