Do I need a bonded title in Indiana?
Indiana doesn’t accept bonded titles. They do, however, allow for court order titles under special circumstances. If your title was lost or stolen before you transferred ownership to your name, or you never received a title when you bought your car, you may need a court order title.
What is a court order title?
If you can’t establish ownership through one of the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ (BMVs) title application processes, you must obtain a court order. A court order title is a special titling circumstance. It will allow you to apply for a certificate of title in Indiana.
If you think you may need this type of car title, contact the Indiana BMV to verify your eligibility. They may provide you with another solution to titling your vehicle before reverting to a court order.
Get Your Title Bond:
- Indiana doesn’t accept bonded titles but allows for court order titles under special circumstances.
- The court order allows you to apply for a certificate of title in Indiana.
- Once you’ve verified with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles that you need a court order title, follow the process below to apply.
How to Get a Court Order Title in Indiana
Once you’ve verified with the Indiana BMV that you need a court order title, follow this process. It includes all the necessary paperwork for obtaining a certificate of title.
- Fill out an Indiana Application for Certificate of Title for a Vehicle.
- Obtain a court order from your county clerk of courts office. Once you have your court order, you must complete the rest of the process within 30 days (or pay additional fees).
- A law enforcement officer or BMV license branch employee must inspect your vehicle and fill out a Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft form.
- Complete the Odometer Disclosure Statement form and the Mobile Home Permit form (if applicable).
- Provide proof of your address (to prove you’re an Indiana resident). A driver’s license or ID card may be acceptable if it lists your address. Otherwise, use a document on the approved list dated within the last 60 days.
- Pay title application fees and taxes.
- Mail the complete application for a certificate of title to the following address: Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Central Office Title Processing at 100 North Senate Avenue, Room N411, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Once you’re approved, you will receive an Indiana certificate of title.
View the entire State of Indiana Title Application Checklist and required forms to ensure you don’t miss anything.
Get a Title Bond in Your State
The experts at ZipBonds can help you obtain the bond you need. To connect with one of our team members, please give us a call at 888-435-4191 or email us at email@example.com. We’ll walk you through the process for title bonds to help you get bonded in a flash.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.