What is a Florida RV dealer bond?
A Florida RV dealer bond (officially called a Florida seller of RVs bond) is a surety bond required by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. It helps protect consumers from financial loss if an RV dealer engages in fraudulent or unethical business practices. It guarantees that the RV dealer will follow all applicable laws and regulations in the state and industry.
Get Your RV Dealer Bond:
- A Florida RV dealer bond protects consumers from financial loss if an RV dealer engages in fraudulent or unethical business practices.
- It guarantees that the RV dealer will follow all applicable laws and regulations in the state and industry.
- Dealers who sell new, used, or both types of RVs must be bonded to operate in Florida.
Who needs a seller of RVs bond in Florida?
Any person or business that wishes to sell recreational vehicles (RVs) in Florida must obtain a Florida recreational vehicle dealer bond. This includes dealers who sell new, used, or both types of RVs.
How does an RV dealer bond work?
An RV dealer bond is designed to protect consumers from unscrupulous RV dealers. It ensures that an RV business will:
- Sell only properly titled and registered vehicles
- Disclose all known defects in the vehicles they sell
- Provide accurate information about the vehicles they sell
- Make refunds promptly when a consumer cancels a purchase
If a dealer violates any laws or regulations related to RV sales, a customer can file a claim against the bond. If the claim is valid, the surety company that issued the bond will settle the claim by paying the customer up to the total amount of the bond. However, the dealer is ultimately responsible for reimbursing the surety company for any claims paid out.
RV Dealer Licenses Explained (How They Work in Florida)
To become an RV dealer in Florida, you must obtain a dealer license from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). The license application process includes completing a dealer training course, obtaining a sales tax number, and submitting various documents and fees (including a surety bond). Once licensed, you must maintain your bond and comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
Surety Bond Requirements
The surety bond requirement for dealers who buy, sell, or deal in RVs and have four or fewer supplemental licenses must post a $10,000 surety bond. RV dealers with more than four supplemental licenses must post a $20,000 bond. Read more.
You can find the license application form on the DHSMV website. The fee for a new dealer license is $300, and the cost for a renewal is $100.
How much does this bond cost?
How to Become an RV Dealer in Florida
Don’t forget the following steps to become an RV dealer in Florida.
- Complete a dealer training course.
- Obtain a sales tax number.
- Pass a background check and obtain any required permits or certifications.
- Obtain insurance and a Florida recreational vehicle dealer bond.
- Submit a license application and required documents to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Maintain your license and bond by renewing them on time and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
Apply for Your Florida RV Dealer Bond Today
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting the surety bonds you need. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online or call us at (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent. Most of our bonds are approved and processed immediately from our site.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.