Who needs contractor license bonds in Sheridan, Wyoming?
All contractors and subcontractors doing the following work must be licensed with the City of Sheridan and post a surety bond. Bond amounts are attached to each contractor/subcontractor type:
- Commercial contractor: $25,000 bond
- Residential contractor: $25,000 bond
- Plumbing contractor: $10,000 bond
- HVAC contractor: $10,000 bond
- Fire sprinkler contractor: $10,000 bond
- Electrical contractor: $10,000 bond
- Low voltage electrical contractor: $10,000 bond
- Limited electrical contractor (including fire alarm): $10,000 bond
- Type III, IV, IC, and V subcontractors: $10,000 bond
All licensed contractors and subcontractors must also provide the following:
- A completed application through the Online Building Permit Portal
- A policy of liability insurance for $1,000,000
- Verification of meeting the experience requirements for the contractor category applied for
Complete contractor requirements, including experience requirements for each category, are listed in the Sheridan contractor licensing procedures packet.
You can reach out to ZipBonds with any questions by calling (888) 435-4191. We’d be happy to walk you through the entire bonding process! You can also check out our page on Wyoming contractor license bonds for state-specific information.
Get Your Sheridan Contractor License Bond:
Frequently Asked Questions
The bond amount, also called the penal sum, is the maximum dollar value a client can seek from a bonded contractor. If damages exceed this amount, clients may seek alternative means of compensation.
The initial bond term will often last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you post the bond. You must then renew your bond annually for it to remain active (for the duration of your project). The bond renewal date will be listed on your bond form.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Sheridan, WY
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.