Who needs a contractor license bond in Gillette, Wyoming?
All contractors, subcontractors, and contract laborers performing the following work must be licensed with the City of Gillette and post a $5,000 surety bond:
- Work on city infrastructure
- Making improvements and repairs in the city right-of-way
- Working on city projects
Licensed contractors are also responsible for the following:
- Building in compliance with construction codes, city codes, and requirements
- Obtaining required permits before starting work
- Completing required inspections
- Constructing according to approved construction plans
- Accountability for all work included in the contract, regardless of whether the work is done by the contractor or subcontractor
- Ensuring all subcontractors are properly licensed and a certificate of occupancy is acquired before habitation
Complete contractor requirements are listed in the City of Gillette contractor license application.
Need help? Just pick up the phone and call us at (888) 435-4191. You can also check out our page on Wyoming contractor license bonds for state-specific information.
Get Your Gillette Contractor License Bond:
Frequently Asked Questions
The bond amount, also called the penal sum, is the maximum dollar value a client can seek from a bonded contractor. If damages exceed this amount, clients may seek alternative means of compensation.
The initial bond term will often last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you post the bond. You must then renew your bond annually for it to remain active (for the duration of your project). The bond renewal date will be listed on your bond form.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Gillette, WY
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.