Who needs a contractor license bond in Sheboygan, Wisconsin?
The following contractors must obtain a license from the City of Sheboygan:
- General contractors: $20 application fee, $100 license fee, test required
- Carpenter contractors: $20 application fee, $150 license fee
- Registered business owner contractors (don’t work on site but sign for permits): $10 application fee, $100 license fee
- Registered contractors: $10 application fee, $100 license fee for the following classifications:
- Drywall installation
- Building component installer, including but not limited to fences, steel erecting, windows and doors (nonstructural only), cabinets and countertops (nonstructural only)
Each contractor listed above must also obtain at least one of the following:
- $5,000 license and permit bond
- A policy of general liability insurance for at least $250,000 per occurrence of bodily injury or property damage
Need more help? Call us at (888) 435-4191. You can also check out our page on Wisconsin contractor license bonds if you need state-specific information.
Get Your Sheboygan Contractor License Bond:
Frequently Asked Questions
The bond amount, also called the penal sum, is the maximum dollar value a client can seek from a bonded contractor. If damages exceed this amount, clients may seek alternative means of compensation.
The initial bond term will often last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you post the bond. You must then renew your bond annually for it to remain active (for the duration of your project). The bond renewal date will be listed on your bond form.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Sheboygan, WI
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.