Who needs a right-of-way contractor bond in Oshkosh, Wisconsin?
All contractors working in the City of Oshkosh right-of-way must obtain a license and post a surety bond. The license type and bond amount required will vary by the length and type of work planned (see below).
Types of Contractor Licenses Required in Oshkosh
- Annual Excavation License: For those intending to work at multiple locations requiring a large number of right-of-way permits during a single calendar year, the bond amount is $25,000.
- Site-Specific Excavation License: When contractors intend to perform minimal work within the city during a calendar year, and a license and bond are assigned to individual sites, the bond amount is $5,000.
- Annual Obstruction License: For those intending to obstruct the right-of-way in a manner that impairs or restricts vehicle or pedestrian movement, the bond amount is $5,000.
The city thoroughly explains these different license types if you need more information. Keep in mind that each licensed contractor must also provide the following:
1.) General liability coverage:
- $500,000 for each occurrence limit
- $500,000 personal liability and advertising injury
- $500,000 general aggregate
- $500,000 products – completed operating aggregate
2.) Business automobile coverage (if applicable):
- $500,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage
3.) Workers’ compensation and employers’ liability (if applicable):
- $100,000 for each accident
- $500,000 disease policy limit
- $100,000 disease – each employee
Complete coverage requirements are in the packet for each license type linked above.
Need to purchase or renew your bond ASAP? Give us a call at (888) 435-4191, and we’ll help you get bonded in a zip! You can also check out our page on Wisconsin contractor license bonds for state-specific information.
Get Your Oshkosh Contractor Bond:
Frequently Asked Questions
The bond amount, also called the penal sum, is the maximum dollar value a client can seek from a bonded contractor. If damages exceed this amount, clients may seek alternative means of compensation.
The initial bond term will often last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you post the bond. You must then renew your bond annually for it to remain active (for the duration of your project). The bond renewal date will be listed on your bond form.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Oshkosh, WI
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.