Who needs a contractor license bond in Janesville, Wisconsin?
Demolition contractors demolishing major buildings must submit a surety bond to the City Clerk-Treasurer in the amount of the actual cost of the work performed. Additionally, these contractors must provide the following:
- A permit application and fees, provided by the Janesville Building Official
- Commercial general liability: $2,000,000 general aggregate and $1,000,000 for each occurrence
- Automobile liability (owned, non-owned, or leased): $1,000,000 bodily injury for each occurrence and $1,000,000 property damage for each occurrence
- Pollution legal liability: $5,000,000 for each loss
- Umbrella liability: $2,000,000 over the primary commercial general liability and automobile liability listed above
- Worker’s compensation
- A detailed plan for the demolition, filed with the Building Official
Section 18-250 of the municipal code lists complete bond requirement details and additional permit requirements.
Call ZipBonds at (888) 435-4191 to get bonded as quickly as possible. You can also view our page on Wisconsin contractor license bonds for state-specific information.
Get Your Janesville Contractor License Bond:
Frequently Asked Questions
The bond amount, also called the penal sum, is the maximum dollar value a client can seek from a bonded contractor. If damages exceed this amount, clients may seek alternative means of compensation.
The initial bond term will often last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you post the bond. You must then renew your bond annually for it to remain active (for the duration of your project). The bond renewal date will be listed on your bond form.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Janesville, WI
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call (888) 435-4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.