North Carolina Contractor License Bond
What is a North Carolina contractor license bond?
Prospective general, electrical, landscape, and irrigation contractors in North Carolina must obtain a license bond.
Contractors in several cities and counties must also get bonded, including those in:
- Cabarrus County
- High Point
- Rocky Mount
- Rowan County
Contractors needing state-level licensing and bonding should submit applications through the following Boards:
- General Contractors: Licensing Board for General Contractors (NCLBGC)
- Electrical Contractors: Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors (NCBEEC)
- Landscape Contractors: Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board (NCLCLB)
- Irrigation Contractors: Irrigation Contractors’ Licensing Board (NCICLB)
A North Carolina contractor license bond ensures that contractors comply with the North Carolina Administrative Code.
You can learn more about how contractor license bonds work in our complete guide.
Get Your North Carolina Contractor License Bond:
NC Contractor License Bond Requirements
Contractor license bond amounts vary by license type. The main license types required at the state level are outlined below:
- Limited general contractor license: $175,000 bond amount
- Intermediate general contractor license: $500,000 bond amount
- Unlimited general contractor license: $1,000,000 bond amount
- Intermediate electrical contractor license: $50,000 bond amount
- Unlimited electrical contractor license: $130,000 bond amount
- Landscape and irrigation contractor license: $10,000 bond amount
How much do NC license bonds cost?
Depending on personal credit score and other financial indicators, contractors will pay a small percentage of the bond amount, typically 1%-5%. Those with excellent credit may pay as little as 1%. If you have poor credit, you may still be able to get bonded. Contact ZipBonds if you have any questions or concerns.
Get Your Contractor License Bond in North Carolina
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.