New Castle County Contractor License Bond

Home » Types of Surety Bonds » License and Permit Bonds » Contractor License Bond » Delaware Contractor License Bond » New Castle Contractor License Bond
Building contractor with a license bond in New Castle County

Who needs a contractor license bond in New Castle County?

New Castle County in Delaware requires various contractors to obtain a contractor license bond. We’ve listed them below with estimated bond requirements: 

  • Class A building contractor: $150,000 bond
  • Class B building contractor: $50,000 bond
  • Class C building contractor: $25,000 bond
  • Class U building contractor: $200,000 bond
  • Outside utility contractor: $50,000 bond
  • HVACR contractor: $25,000 bond
  • Sewer and drain cleaner: $10,000 bond
  • Master plumber: $10,000 bond

If you’re uncertain about licensing requirements for your contractor type, contact the New Castle County Licensing Authority for more information. You can also reach out to ZipBonds directly to figure out which bonds you need.

Visit our Delaware contractor license bonds page for more state-specific information.

Get Your New Castle County Contractor License Bond:

New Castle County Contractor License Requirements

Resident and non-resident contractors in New Castle County must obtain a Delaware Division of Revenue business license. Step 1 of the licensing process is determining if you’re doing work on the territory of unincorporated New Castle County. Use the Parcel Search through the Department of Land Use to find out. Step 2 is identifying which one of two contractor licenses you need. 

  • Non-permit endorsed license: This license is required if you’re engaging in any construction activity defined by Sector 23 of the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Ensure that your work doesn’t require a permit from the county or represent HVACR or plumbing work (which requires a separate license).
  • Permit endorsed license: You will need this license to conduct building and utility work.

Non-permit endorsed applicants must complete the online application form.

You will need your federal EIN and your Delaware business license number. 

Follow this procedure if you’re a permit endorsed applicant:

  1. Fill out either the 2019 Building Contractor Packet or 2019 Utility Contractor Packet.
  2. Provide a copy of your Delaware Business License from the state Division of Revenue.
  3. Get a Certificate of Liability Insurance form for the minimum coverage (set by the county) for your license type.
  4. Obtain a surety bond (see the previous section for bond requirements by contractor type). 
  5. If permitting new homes, you also need a New Home Builders Warranty.
  6. If you are an HVACR or plumbing specialist, you must provide your State of Delaware Trade License for HVACR and plumbing contractors.
  7. Depending on the license type you require, you may need to meet additional specialty trade requirements.

Apply for Your Contractor License Bond in New Castle County, DE

ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.



Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”

Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.