Prichard Contractor License Bond
Who needs a contractor bond in Prichard, AL?
Several contractors must become licensed and bonded in Prichard, Alabama, including those planning to perform the following construction activities:
- Moving or wrecking buildings
- Installing or repairing heating, ventilation, or air conditioning (HVAC)
- Installing or repairing electrical wiring
- Fitting and installing gas systems
- Clearing land
- Landscaping and gardening
- Installing or repairing signs
Note: City ordinances specifically exclude concrete workers, pavers, and exterminators from license and bond requirements. However, all contractors must follow state rules and regulations in addition to local laws (see our page on Alabama contractor license bonds for more information).
Get Your Prichard Contractor License Bond:
How does a contractor bond work?
To become licensed by the City of Prichard, some contractors must provide paperwork for state-specific credentials.
- HVAC Contractors: An Alabama Board of Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Contractors Certification or a $15,000 Alabama contractor license bond is required.
- Electrical Contractors: An Alabama Contractors Board Certification is required.
- Gas Fitter Contractors: A State of Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board Certification is required.
- Plumbing Contractors: An Alabama Plumbers State Card, a Mobile County Plumbers License, or a City of Prichard Master Plumbers Card is required.
A Prichard, AL, contractor license bond ensures that contractors follow local codes and are held accountable for the quality of their work. If someone files a claim against a contractor’s bond for unsatisfactory performance, the surety will assess the damages and settle the claim by compensating the injured party for their losses. The contractor must later pay back the surety for all costs covered.
To secure a Prichard contractor license bond, you could pay as little as $100 annually.
Apply for Your Bond in Prichard, Alabama
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.