Dothan Contractor License Bond
Who needs a contractor bond in Dothan?
Contractors working in home building, general construction, or construction trades must be licensed and bonded for projects in Dothan, Alabama. Depending on the type of work you do, you may need a $2,000 or $5,000 contractor license bond. Contractors must also abide by all state regulations and bonding requirements.
Get Your Dothan Contractor License Bond:
How does a Dothan contractor license bond work?
A Dothan contractor license bond ensures contractors follow local building codes and mandatory safety regulations for the benefit of the public. The city outlines each license and bond requirement:
- Electrical Contractor: $5,000 bond
- Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Contractor: $5,000 bond
- Glass and Glazing Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Framing Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Flooring Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Drywall and Insulation Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Poured Concrete Foundation and Structure Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Finish Carpentry Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Masonry Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Tile and Terrazzo Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Roofing Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Siding Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Site Preparation Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Structural Steel and Precast Concrete Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Other Foundation, Structure, and Building Exterior Contractor: $2,000 bond
- Other Building Equipment Contractors: $2,000 bond
- Other Building Finishing Contractors: $2,000 bond
- All Other Specialty Trade Contractors: $2,000 bond
Contractors must submit their application for a municipal license to the City of Dothan Business License Division. If a bond is required, you must secure it before submitting the necessary paperwork to become licensed.
Generally, licenses are issued for one-year terms and will need to be renewed by the date of issuance the following year. The bond involved will also need to be renewed at that time. The governing entity and surety provider (contact ZipBonds) are available resources to provide more information if you have any questions.
Apply for Your Contractor Bond in Dothan, Alabama
ZipBonds offers the fastest and most secure option for getting bonded. Our all-digital platform is intuitive and straightforward. Apply online, email email@example.com or call 888.435.4191 to speak with an agent directly.
Founders Ryan Swalve and Zach Mefferd formed the vision for ZipBonds.com when they realized how overly complicated it was to help clients place surety. The frustration of being unable to incorporate the technology they’d used in other insurance-focused projects left them thinking “there has to be a better way.”
Fast forward a couple of years, and that better way is the impetus of everything we do at ZipBonds. We constantly look for innovative ways to improve the bonding process for our clients and agents. Our team comprises individuals who understand all angles of surety – for companies, agencies, and individuals. Incorporating everyone’s point of view to improve the process while simultaneously integrating cutting-edge technology is what sets our business apart.